This is a picture from a few weeks ago of my kids and nephew with their first ever lemonade stand! It was plain and simple...an old table, a sign, and the lemonade and snacks. They were so happy and proud of themselves, making money "all on their own" (We were close by.) Every now and then the kiddos would change the prices, (the littles would forget....lol) or they'd get too many customers all at once. They loved it!
I have to say that "7 links to love" posts are definitely my favorite! I love to share about all the new things I find- favorite recipes, my must-haves, or any blogs that have inspired me this week. Reading my favorite blogs is how I was inspired to start my own.
...and here we go:
(these are actually the ones I made!!-high five for moi!!)
- Best Ever Sticky Asian Ribs- I'm obsessed with Pinterest and I have to admit that as much as I love to make my boards, and pin all of my favorite recipes, best cleaning tips and DIY projects, I don't actually get to try and do all of them. This recipe is one of the few I've tried so far, and it's one of my faves! I am not a fan of pork but these are my exception! I can't wait to try it on chicken.
- I am very picky about what my kids watch on T.V. Sarah is like a sponge, and even the shows on Disney Channel, (for the exception, for now, of Girl Meets World) in my opinion, have way too many things I don't agree with, like little kids talking back to adults. This post from Kristen of Rage Against the Minivan on best shows to watch as a family is a good one, with great recommendations!
- It's been confirmed! There is literally a guide for almost everything you can think of and that includes BOOGERS!! The brilliant minds from HOW TO BE A DAD made a hilarious cartoon guide.
- These are adorable D.I.Y. strawberry milkshakes with funny face straw toppers from Cakies blog are so adorable!
- How to plan a party regardless of budget by Alison of The Alison Show ..... she is a favorite of mine....so down to earth and funny. I'd love to attend one of the awesome parties she throws...I really feel like I'm missing out! Oh and if you're not following her on Instagram...then you must..the dance videos are everything!
- I have been couponing on and off for about a year....I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love getting good deals! Recently, I had a whole shopping trip that was worth $150 and only paid $30...seriously! You have to be very patient and give it your all or you wont see results....luckily for me my sister in law does all the hard work....and I just sit back and relax!(who doesn't love that?!) -- MoneysavingMom and Living Rich with Coupons are two great websites she goes to for the best deals and freebies!
- Bekah Blesses Me - I loved this post from Becky of Apples of Gold.... reading her posts always lifts me up!
Yay, it's Friday.....and it's a 3 day weekend for me!! Enjoy the weekend....Here's a quote I found to inspire you: